NICE Membership List
collaboration among the members of NICE, our
membership list is provided here. Our newest members are in
an italic font.
NICE board members are in a bold
font. If a member provided
information about their interests with their application it is
listed in edited form on the line following their name.
- Colin Adams (Preston, Lancashire, England)
- Cyril Adrian (Schiltigheim, France)
Language specification, Eiffel libraries and applications,
especially for the Free Software community.
- Farhan Ahmed (PA, USA)
C/C++, Java, Eiffel, Eclipse, PHP, Perl.
- David Kreth Allen (Minneapolis, MN, USA)
Interested in applying Eiffel to solve ordinary business
problems. Hoping to develop classes to facilitate
DataWarehousing applications in Eiffel.
- Franck Arnaud (Cambridge, England)
- Karine Arnout (Zurich, Switzerland)
- Volkan Arslan (Neu-Ulm, Germany)
Language, library (OODBMS bindings for Eiffel)
- Andreas Auras (Wiehl, Germany)
- Senthil Nathan Balaji (Chennai, India)
- Francois Barret (Golfe-Juan, France)
To learn more about Eiffel and OO design and methods.
- Thomas Beale (Mooloolah, Australia)
Large systems engineering, ODBs, marketing, health
- Achraf Belahbib (Morocco)
- Wilfried Berger (London, England)
- Marco Bernasconi (Salorino, Switzerland)
- Eric Bezault (St. Trojan Les Bains, France)
- Kolari S. Bhat (Brentwood, TN, USA)
- Richard Bielak (Matawan, NJ, USA)
Interested in developing open source Eiffel libraries.
- Artur Biesiadowski (Gdansk, Poland)
Language, library, integration with Java.
- David Broadfoot (Brookvale, Australia)
- Roger Browne (Lancaster, England)
- Franck de Bruijn (So Paulo, Brazil)
- Mark Bruscke (N. Caldwell, NJ, USA)
Financial instruments (securities, derivatives), data
- Gerry Butler (South Yarra, Victoria, Australia)
Library, language, OO design.
- Ignacio Calvo (Madrid, Madrid, Spain)
Language and library.
- Chana L. Campos (Austin, TX, USA)
I am a Technical Architect who is interested in learning
more about Eiffel and OO in general.
- Robert W. Carter (Fort Hood, TX, USA)
Web application development, Linux, object databases.
- Michael Cavanaugh (Minneapolis, MN, USA)
Language, library and cross-platform support.
- David Carrigan (Brooklyn, New York, USA)
- Wally Cash (Newport News, Virginia USA)
To utilize Eiffel and Programming-By-Contract methodology
to develop a portable retained mode graphics API and
related technology on top of OpenGL.
- Ali Cehreli (Mountain View, California, USA)
Current C++ user...
- Jorge Chong Chang (Guayaquil Guayas, Ecuador)
SmallEiffel, gtk, BeOS, VisualEiffel, Concurrent
Programming under Eiffel.
- Rick Chapman (Brooklyn Park, MN, USA)
I would like to help in any way that I can. I have been a
software developer through software manager mostly for
embedded medical systems. I feel that Eiffel is the best
language for development and would like to promote
- Nick Coghlan (Brisbane, Australia)
Promotion of Eiffel as a fully-capable language that
is supportive of disciplined software development, rather than
detrimental to same.
- Paul Cohen (Stockholm, Sweden)
DbC, Eiffel compiler differences, interfacing
with other languages (C), graphics, commercial
- Eric Yves Colin (Dusseldorf, Germany)
Library and language.
- Dominique Colnet (Vandoeuvre Les Nancy, France)
ELKS needs to be clean first.
- Greg Compestine (Boulder, CO, USA)
Language, libraries, education and promotion.
- Yves Constantinidis (Paris, France)
- Stephen Coombes (Bournemouth, Dorset, England)
I am interested in programming in Eiffel. Having been
introduced to Eiffel by a friend, I have found it to be the
best programming language I have yet used.
- Charles Corulli (Bellevue, WA, USA)
- Jocelyn Coulmance (Puteaux, France)
- Peter F. Cox (Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England)
Language as independent software developer.
- David Creelman (Marsfield, Australia)
Graphics, animation, XML, Gtk (portable systems).
- Paul G. Crismer (Embourg, Liege, Belgium)
Portable libraries, business frameworks, persistence.
- Jerel Crosland (Carpinteria, CA, USA)
Developing applications using Eiffel.
- Vincenzo D'Agostino (Roggiano Gravina, Cosenza, Italy)
I'm Computer Science Engineering Student! I like very much
Eiffel that I study now!
- Niall Dalton (Cork, Ireland)
I am interested in the language and library definition. I
have a particular interest in concurrent extensions and
execution of Eiffel.
- Steven Davis (Lizella, GA, USA)
Language, metrics, text processing, and especially number
- Berend de Boer (Auckland, New Zealand)
Want to submit a proposal.
- Stijn Decneut (Leuven, Belgium)
Libraries for Distributed systems and Multi Media.
Standardization and widespread adoption of Eiffel.
- Guido Dedene (Leuven, Belgium)
Teaching Eiffel and Using Eiffel in research projects
- Nev Delap (Brisbane, Australia)
Promoting Eiffel and better OO implementations than C++,
Java, and .Net push.
- Veena Deshmukh (Maharashtra, India)
- Edsko de Vries (Dublin, Ireland)
I'm hoping to implement an Eiffel compiler for
Kaino, a new all-OO operating system currently in development.
- Ousmane Diallo (Dakar, Sénégal)
- Otto Dominguez (Guatemala)
Promoting Eiffel thru university courses.
- Patrick Doyle (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
Language and library.
- Bourg Drevet jp (La Ciotat, France)
C++, Eiffel of course
- Alan I. Duchan (Buffalo, NY, USA)
Am planning to learn Eiffel.
- Joachim Durchholz (Wiehl, Germany)
- Mike Durian (Boulder, CO, USA)
- Jose Goñi Echeverra (Madrid, Spain)
- J. Scott Edwards (Salt Lake City, UT, USA)
I have been looking for a programming language that I liked
for 20 years. Eiffel is the best that I've found.
- John O. Edwards (Columbia, SC, USA)
- Sven Ehrke (Schopfheim, Germany)
Language and library.
- Geoff Eldridge (Alexandria, Australia)
Eiffel advocacy and acceptance by a larger cross section
- Ian Elliott (New Brighton, England)
Programming in Eiffel.
- Oluwasola Matthew Enitan
Engineering in computers, commercial developments, etc.
- Kevin Ethridge (San Antonio, TX, USA)
Interested in Eiffel for enterprise cross platform development.
- Ed Falis (West Newton, MA, USA)
- Jocelyn Fiat (Paris, France)
I am interested in creation of components and libraries.
- Guy Fokou (Eghezee, Belgium)
Develop applications, provide training, promote Eiffel in
Africa and in the Benelux, build libraries, promote Design
- Richard Gams (Columbus, OH, USA)
Eiffel, C++, Prolog, Expert Medical Systems.
- Rafael Garca-Prieto (Mexico City, Mexico)
I want to promote Eiffel in my country and help
in the creation of components and libraries.
- Michael Garnett (South Bound Brook, NJ, USA)
Language, concurrency, IDEs, platform-specific-tools,
escaping the clutches of C++.
- Hugh Gibbons (Dublin, Ireland)
- James J. Goss (Pasadena, CA, USA)
Languages, testing, QA, objects everywhere.
- James Graves (Rolling Meadows, IL, USA)
I would like to use Eiffel for future software projects.
- Bryan Green (AR, USA)
Literate programming, Number Theory, Compiler Theory, Large
numbers, String theory (approximation algorithms).
- Neil Groves (Paradise Island, Bahamas)
I am particularly interested in Eiffel for .NET and for
solutions (with and without .NET ) for Artificial Neural
Networks and Market Analysis / Trading.
- Keith Gunn (Orinda, CA, USA)
Language use for custom-coded commercial applications.
- Bikal Gurung (Melbourne, Australia)
Computer graphics, Eiffel programming, library.
- David Halfpenny (NSW, Australia)
Lecturing first year computer science using this wonderful
language. Interested in the library classes available and
desirable for modern applications.
- Yoav Hakman (Adi, Israel)
- Clive Hayward (Kingston, Canada)
Build high-quality software applications. Utilizing object-oriented
methods and design patterns in scientific applications.
- Brian E. Heilig (Brooklyn, NY, USA)
- James Heliotis (Rochester, NY, USA)
- Darren Hiebert (Madison, AL, USA)
- Charles Hixson (Oakland, CA, USA)
Linux, AI, strategy and tutorial games, databases,
- Carsten Hoehne (Neustadt, Germany)
- Kari Höijärvi (Klaukkala, Finland)
- Peter Horan (Geelong, Australia)
Software engineering and development.
- Darryl Houghton (Weymouth, Dorset, England)
Learning computer programming.
- Matt Howe (Wanneroo, Australia)
Language specification. studying Eiffel programming language.
- Jonah Lau Kung Hui (Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia)
- Stuart Hungerford (Canberra, Australia)
Design patterns, DBC, XML, scripting.
- Steve Hunter (Woodbridge, VA, USA)
Python, Smalltalk, Eiffel, Components, SCOOP, BON.
- Bob Hutchison (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
Use of Eiffel in scientific and web-based applications.
- Sergei S. Ivanov (Reutov, Moscow region, Russian
Particularly interested in language and libraries
- Jean-Marc Jézéquel (Rennes, France)
Everything about Eiffel
- Jimmy Jack Johnson (Andrews AFB, MD, USA)
Library and language
- Kurt B. Kaiser (Ipswich, MA, USA)
Language, BON development.
- Ciaran Kennedy (Dublin, Ireland)
- Saifi Khan (India)
Information security specialist, security library development, formal
verification techniques (Z).
- Todd Edwin King (Salem, VA, USA)
I am a professional software developer. I generally use C++
and VB in my work, but I try to apply the principles DBC
and CQS in my projects. I am still in the stage of
learning Eiffel as a language.
- Joseph Kiniry (Nijmegen, Netherlands)
- James A. Knighten (Galveston, TX, USA)
Graphics, data acquisition, simulation, motion analysis.
- Alexander Kogtenkov (Moscow, Russia)
Development of Eiffel tools (compiler, workbench, run-time,
etc.) and libraries, fixing holes in the language,
cross-environment portability issues.
- Mikko Koivunalho (Turku, Finland)
Language, library, and portability.
- Karl Kones (Liverpool, England)
Medical applications and artificial intelligence.
- Majkel Kretschmare (Sachsen-Anhalt, Germany)
- Siva Kumar (Hyderabad, India)
- Michel Langlois (Charlesbourg, Quebec, Canada)
- Siu Lau (TX, USA)
- Andreas Leitner (Graz, Steiermark, Austria)
- Martin Lightheart (Stone Mountain, GA, USA)
I want to participate in the future of Eiffel.
- Simon MacKintosh (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada)
My main interest is in developing tools that will help
developers build more reliable software.
- Prakash Manghwani (USA)
Engineering reusable, adaptive, and robust code for distributed real
time embedded systems.
- Dave Makalsky (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
IDEs (EDT, eiffel plugin for eclipse), etester -
superior unit testing framework for eiffel, ERC -
eiffel refinement calculus..
- Eirik Mangseth (Haslum, Norway)
- Phil Malin (Melbourne, Australia)
OO analysis and design, Eiffel, AI, neural nets
- Andrea Manna (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Keith Mantell (Winchester, Hampshire, England)
Libraries (further standardization), x-platform,
- Francisco Marcos (Madrid, Spain, Spain)
I want to promote Eiffel in Spain.
- Dave E Martin (Ogden, UT, USA)
portability in the language and libraries
- David Massart (Brussels, Belgium)
design by contract, teaching
- Artur Matos (Maia, Portugal)
- Glenn Maughan (Mordialloc, Australia)
- James McKim (Hartford, CT, USA)
- Jason R. McVetta (Oberlin, OH, USA)
Libraries and threading.
- Mekio Yoo (Alta, Sweden)
Image processing, radiology.
- Pierre Metras (Mont-Royal, Quebec, Canada)
- Richard Mitchell (Seaford, England)
- Richard Mitchell (Brighton, East Sussex, England)
- Tom Mitchell (Wauwatosa, WI, USA)
- Peter Monks (Coogee, Australia)
I'm particularly interested in moving from using Eiffel as
a hobby only to using it at work. I guess that means I'm
interested in advocacy and or available Eiffel positions!
- Frieder Monninger (Braunfels,
Library and marketing.
- Tom Morrisette (West Easton, PA, USA)
I'll let my actions speak for me. So far I've been very
- Roman Movchan (Melbourne, Australia)
Language specification, component/libraries, commercial
development, formal methods, RAD tools.
- Eric Nedervold (Mountain View, CA, USA)
- Jon R. Nials (Bertram, TX, USA)
- Jose Monserrat Neto (Lavras, MG, Brazil)
Computer Science, Programming using Eiffel, Informatics.
- Ghislain Ngantchaha Ngougue (Yaoundé, Cameroon)
- Sebastian Niesen (Meerbusch, Germany)
- Danilov Nikita (Moscow, Russia)
- Veli-Pekka Nousiainen (Espoo, Finland)
Eiffel Distributors, Eiffel Finland, representative as
Product Manager, interested in marketing, programming,
language standardization, etc.
- Bill Nowlin (KS, USA)
I would like to see Eiffel in commercial development. To pursue
excellence in system development, we need better tools. Eiffel is
that better tool!
- Miguel Oliveira e Silva (Aveiro, Portugal)
Programming language design, concurrency, and libraries.
- La Vern R. Ogden (Sacramento, CA, USA)
Language and libraries.
- Clemens Oertel (Tuebingen, Germany)
Client-server architectures, communication techniques,
- Mario Alberto Bastidas Ortiz (Culiacán, México)
Language specification, syntax, objects.
- Matthew Palensky (Omaha, NE, USA)
Primary interests include formal methods, high performance
web applications, object-oriented metrics, and
- Douglas L. Pardee (Tampa, FL, USA)
- Simon Parker (Dublin, Ireland)
- Asif I. Pathan (Bangalore, India)
Object-oriented design, formal methods.
- Darin Peshev (CA, USA)
- Robin Pike (Sunninghill, Berkshire, England)
Software engineering techniques using OOA, OOD and OOP.
- Miguel José Pinkas (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Martin Poblacion (Cordoba, Cordoba, Argentina)
Networking, electronics, and language.
- Graham Polley (Manchester, England)
Formal methods, B-Method, Eiffel, Java, Visual Eiffel, JBuilder,
Design by Contract, type hierarchy, genericity.
- Ronald J. Prenot (Green Bay, WI, USA)
- Weston M. Price (Nashua, NH, USA)
I am full time software engineer consultant primarily
interested in using Eiffel in component construction and
OOA/OOD academic research.
- Bambang Purnomosidi D. P. (Jakarta, Indonesia)
Language specification, libraries, distributed
computing, OO software development.
- Christophe Pythoud (Ecublens, Ecublens)
- Owen A. Reddecliffe (Shoreline, WA, USA)
Interests: Language spec, algorithm development,
application development, teaching (of OO in general,
and the Eiffel language in particular), promotion
and adoption in the medical/industrial/financial
arena, personal use for natural language analysis,
neural nets, statistical apps and mathematical
modelling. (Currently use C++ for all the above, and
find it is too timewasting, and is not a good
vehicle for teaching OO.)
- Hein Röhrig (Murray Hill, NJ, USA)
- Gerardo Rossel (Capital Federal, Buenos Aires,
- Marcos Ruano (Palencia, Spain)
- Dr. rer. nat. Michael Ryba (Stuttgart, Germany)
Library, language, and environments.
- Karl Sackett (Huntsville, AL, USA)
Software engineering, libraries, real-time and embedded
- Dustin Sallings (Santa Clara, CA, USA)
I like correct code.
- Mark Sanchez (Las Palmas, Spain)
- Ravi Shankar Sathish (Logan, UT, USA)
I am currently doing a tool evaluation of ISE 4.5.
I am writing a research paper to Strengthening
solution Constructor based problem in Mixin.
- Chris Saunders (Hamilton, Ontario, Canada)
- William Scarmardo (Bryan, TX, USA)
- David Schwartz (Santa Barbara, CA, USA)
- Alexei Shestialtynov (Baden, Switzerland)
Language, libraries, and marketing.
- Sachin Shirodkar (Mumbai, India)
- John W. Small (Great Falls, VA, USA)
Currently program in C and C++ 15 yrs, Smalltalk 7 yrs, and
- Petr Smil (Prague, Czech Republic)
- Jonathan A. Smith (Evanston, IL, USA)
Server-side programming in Eiffel for Flash/XML-based web
applications in higher education. Natural language processing and
- Raphael Simon (Goleta, CA, USA)
- Manoj Singh (Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India)
Business development, Internet, E-commerce, software
- Rabinder Srikijjaporn (Bangkok, Thailand)
I just begin to study Eiffel but I have heard good things
about this language.
- Frank Stajano (Cambridge, England)
Subset of building reliable software, cryptography and
computer security, seeing Eiffel become popular, seeing its
library converge on a standard
- Emmanuel Stapf (Goleta, CA, USA)
- Kenneth Stauffer (TX, USA)
Parsing, OO techniques.
- William R. Steinberg (Marietta, GA, USA)
- Dr. Scott Steinman (Memphis, TN, USA)
I m new to Eiffel, but I am interested in the language, its
library, and the optimization of Eiffel programs.
- William Stevens (OH, USA)
- Damian Steward
(Lewisham, Tasmania, Australia)
Teaching beginners, libraries.
- Slade Stewart (Roswell, GA, USA)
Design-By-Contract in non-Eiffel languages.
- Jeffrey L. Straszheim (Coral Springs, FL, USA)
Currently I am interested in how Eiffel can benefit from
the energetic development occurring within the Open Source
community. To that end, I am presently working on a
networking library, which is yet rather limited in its
application and portability.
- Jeffrey W. Stulin (Chestnut Hill, MA, USA)
- Satpreet Singh Sudan (Chandigarh, Punjab, India)
.NET integration, Eiffel COM, Vision
- Robert Switzer (D-37073 Goettingen, Germany)
Library and language.
- Karl-Heinz Sylla (Sankt Augustin, Germany)
Embedded systems, dynamic modeling, real-time systems,
design patterns, language.
- Chris Thomas (Brighton, E.Sussex, England)
- Steve Thompson (Berthoud, CO, USA)
- Howard Thomson (Ashford, Middlesex, England)
Database, user-interface (UI builders), and Eiffel IDEs.
- Xu Yi Ting (Beijing, China)
Language specification, libraries, O-O technologies,
- Andrew V. Tischenko (Moscow, Russia)
- Iizuka Tomio (Urawa, Saitama, Japan)
- Guenter Troll (Lindau, Germany)
- Javier Velilla (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Jason Voegele (Columbus, OH, USA)
Language, library, and compilers.
- Alexey Vyskubov (St.Petersburg, Russia)
- Arno Wagner (Trier, Germany)
- Kim Waldén (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Mark B. Wallace (Los Angeles, CA, USA)
Zero-defect software; promoting Eiffel.
- Robert Warren (London, England)
- Gordon Webster (Boston, MA, USA)
Object-oriented development of biologically-inspired, parallel
computational algorithms to address complex
problems in biomolecular imaging and proteomics.
- Jim Weirich (Cincinnati, OH, USA)
I've been using SmallEiffel for a over a year. I teach
- Kevin Wells (Auckland, New Zealand)
Library and language.
- Ed Wilkinson (Canberra, Australia)
I am a very impressed newbie, for what it's worth, from the
- Simon Willcocks (London, England)
- Peter E. Williams (Denver, CO, USA)
- Peter Williams (Glebe, Australia)
Commercial development, Open Source development, formal methods,
- Neil Wilson (Halifax, England)
Helping out if I still can...
- Ulrich Windl (Regensburg, Germany)
Library, tools, GUI applications, language interfaces.
- Mick Wood (Hatfield, Hertfordshire, England)
I am, with several colleagues, currently using Eiffel as a
first programming language on a number of different
courses. About 250 students per year.
- Mark Woodrow (Fordingbridge, Hampshire, England)
- Steven M. Wurster (Ardsley, PA, USA)
- Brian Win Yan (TX, USA)
Language specification, libraries, IDEs, commercial development.
- Wei Yi (Tianjin, China)
Libraries and commercial development.
- Olivier Zendra (Villers-Lès-Nancy, France)
SmallEiffel, the GNU Eiffel compiler team member.
- Christoph Zenger (Adelaide, Australia)
I am a researcher in Programming Languages.
- Alan Zimmerman (Somerset West, Western Cape, South Africa)
- Hans Zwakenberg (Willich, Germany)
Library development, 3D-Graphics (Nurbs?).