The aim of NICE is to promote the industrial
approach to the reliable construction of computer software by
furthering the development of an industry of high quality
reusable software components, based on the Eiffel object-oriented
method, language, libraries and environment.
NICE shall have the following specific objectives
- To educate the computer profession to the benefits of the
object-oriented approach to software development and modern
methods of software engineering.
- To standardize the Eiffel language and control its
- To standardize the interface of the basic Eiffel libraries
and control its evolution.
- To promote the production of tools for effective software
development in Eiffel.
- To foster educational, scientific and technical
communication between NICE's members, and other members of the
software engineering community, in the interest of software
- To encourage the definition and implementation of standards
to facilitate the task of Eiffel software developers.
- To support the production and distribution of reusable
Eiffel components from contributors worldwide.
- To disseminate the worldwide use of the Eiffel principles,
method, language, libraries and tools.
- To sponsor public meetings of Eiffel users and other